wanted RD handbook, have RB handbook to swap

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum wanted RD handbook, have RB handbook to swap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SteveB

Hello,
    i am a new owner of a CB1100RD, some of you may already have seen my posts on the yahoo forum, the bike i have bought has had 1 owner in the last 20 years, he only did 1000 miles in this time.It has been stood unused for the last 2 years. I have T&T it, put a new battery on it and new fuel and it started 1st time.I also changed oil,oil filter and air filter.However because of its age and lack of use, it has a few issues that will need to be sorted out as i go along.
    I dont want to do them all at one because it would be too expensive, and i want to ride it over the summer.
    Here is my list of jobs to do so far – new tyres, brake pads, suspension serviced, noisy clutch rattle, it needs complete RD clocks and bracket.
    Petrol tap cleaning out again and new petrol filter.

So my 1st thing i need is a “RD ” handbook , i was given a “RB” handbook with the bike, which i would like to swap.
    or i will buy one, and then sell mine
    WHY

thanks
    steve
    PS thanks for the advice that i have already recieved,i will have lots more questions as i go along.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Steve,
    Hope you are enjoying the big beastie.

I have an RD manual that I would swap, though it is not in the best of condition. Unfortunately all the pages are loose, but they are all there and in good condition including the wiring diagram. The front and rear covers have also been backed in clear sticky back plastic (like we use to do at school all those years ago). As an RD manual though it is perfectly usable and on the positive side you wouldn’t have to worry too much about damaging it further. It is possible that someone with knowledge of binding could refix all the internal pages I suppose. If you are still interested (and there is certainly no obligation) then let me know and I will take a photo and answer any other questions you may have.

Have fun
    Andy J

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.