Reply To: What did you do on your "R" today

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum What did you do on your "R" today Reply To: What did you do on your "R" today

BrianC
Participant

Got the engine apart this week. Just got it in big chunks at the moment but things don’t look too bad. The barrel is stuck of course. Had a brilliant plan to get it off, except it didn’t work. My super jig was pulling the base of all the liners and I considered the possibility that it might pull the liner. Na, no way, a 10mm threaded rod? But yes, one of the liners moved with only moderate tension on the puller. I was pulling on all four liners to distribute the load. Anyway on to plan B. Hammered a bicycle spoke flat (0.5mm), filed and worked it to scratch around at the crap down the stud holes. Some progress but she’s a slow job. I’ve managed to get 8 studs removed without too much pain, one from the circle of 4 that are the main culprits. Plan C is to drill one or two small holes in the barrel around the stud hole so that I can inject CRC and compressed air to force out the crap. Anyone tried this approach? I’d fill the holes with a filler / silastic before repainting, so you wouldn’t see it. Any thoughts good people?