What did you do on your "R" today

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum What did you do on your "R" today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    1100rAdmin

Use this thread to Blog what you’ve been up to with your “R” today; where you’ve been riding, what you’ve been up to in the garage or any other Blog about your bike you can share with the “R” community.:D:D:D:D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spur of the moment ride this afternoon took myself and Mrs J to the back lanes of Cheshire around the Chester area.
    Spotted a sign for Stretton Water Mill and spent a good hour and a half having a really interesting talk from the resident guide on the operation of this fully working flour mill. An incredible piece of engineering with a fascinating history behind it. Worth dropping into if your ever in the area.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]224[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Last weekend we went to the bikers classic in Belgium with 3 cb1100R,s.
    Rene B on his RC, my wife on a RC and myself on a RB.
    The weather was perfect for our trip and we enjoyed the old race bikes very much.
    The ardennen roads are not that good but we and our R,s had a lot fun riding there.
    The bikers classic visitors loved our R,s and made a lot photo,s on the parking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, a superb event Wout. Went myself with a few others a couple of years ago. Probably the best classic gathering in europe in my opinion.
    Coincidentally, being the small world that it is, another forum that I use for my SOHC bike featured the following the other day
    https://picasaweb.google.com/FalldownPhil/Jef?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyO3YbLsPPAzwE&feat=email#slideshow/5624900319597425042

Do these pictures look familiar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]227[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]226[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes this three look very familiar haha.
    We were on the front row of the parking, a very nice place for our bikes.
    Many people liked to make photos of our bikes.

@AndyJ 199 wrote:

Ah, a superb event Wout. Went myself with a few others a couple of years ago. Probably the best classic gathering in europe in my opinion.
    Coincidentally, being the small world that it is, another forum that I use for my SOHC bike featured the following the other day
    https://picasaweb.google.com/FalldownPhil/Jef?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyO3YbLsPPAzwE&feat=email#slideshow/5624900319597425042

Do these pictures look familiar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]227[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]226[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wout,
    At todays UK R meet up at “The Festival of 1000 Bikes” a guy who has no connection to the Club came up to me and started telling me about the three CB1100Rs that he had seen at this years Bikers Classic at Spa. He told me how amazed he had been to see three together on the road at the same time. He was very impressed with our collection at Mallory today as well.

Also saw some pictures from another UK member who was at Spa of the two or three Rs out on the circuit. Hopefully he may put an article together for “R World”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just loaded up two R’s in the back of a Transit to take em the 300 miles down to Cornwall from Nottingham.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]237[/ATTACH]
    A few members where doubtful that you could get two bikes in a standard van.

No problem!!:p So… how many bikes to we need to get to Switzerland next year ?:confused:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]235[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yesterday the Dutch riders meeting in the middle of Holland.
    Dark clouds but very little rain.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]267[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s some house you’ve got there Wout! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

All the Dutch R owners live there together.

@AndyJ 230 wrote:

That’s some house you’ve got there Wout! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bit of a clean for the old girl today. Lots of sticky chain lube on the rear wheel once again. Hate it. Just want to see that shiney gold surface gleaming up at me. Best thing that I have found for getting it off is good old WD40. Spray it on and wipe off immediately with no effort.
    In fact I use WD40 on most parts of the bike when cleaning her, apart from on the bodywork, and it is just the business.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looked and my RC and thought:eek:…. I must get around to that Restoration job soon!:eek:

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

My RB was due its MOT this week and as the club meeting at Popham is next weekend I had no time to waste. I knew the rear tyre was getting low so got a new BT45 fitted and off to the MOT. I now have a new certificate and am looking forward to Popham.

RossL

Just returned from a weekend at the bulldog bash. tent, sleeping bag,clothes etc all strapped down on the rear seat [ solo seat piece removed ] on the rc. vibration through the bars was annoying after a while. but a very good time was had.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know what you mean about the vibes Ross. Around 4500 – 5000 rpm. Sends my right hand numb on motorway rides. Maybe we should start another thread to see if anyone has come up with a cure.

@RossL 265 wrote:

Just returned from a weekend at the bulldog bash. tent, sleeping bag,clothes etc all strapped down on the rear seat [ solo seat piece removed ] on the rc. vibration through the bars was annoying after a while. but a very good time was had.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.