What did you do on your "R" today

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum What did you do on your "R" today

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like a very nice example Peter. Have you had the chance to ride her much yet. I would be interested to know how you find the Continental tyres that are fitted (I assume the front is a Continental to match the rear). I had them fitted on my R about 4 years ago and hated them. I always felt that the front end appeared to keep wanting to tuck under itself. I never felt comfortable with them on the bike.

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Thanks Andy. Yes it is very nice, and the more I detail it and poke around the better I think it is….very happy so far.
    I’ve not actually ridden it yet…grrrr…busy with work, ordered a battery, need to change the fuel, weather etc etc and a small matter of no registration has stopped me this week, but I hope to remedy that this weekend (although weather looks like being wet again..). I probably won’t be able to get it registered for a week or so as it has to be ID checked and that is 60km away from here plus I’m going away for a few days for the vjmc rally….I’m over the moon to have it in the garage but the timing for actually being able to use it hasn’t worked out well…..sigh. Torture!

I agree about the Conti’s, the bike has been parked up for a while and I’m not confident with them just based on that, and I never used Conti’s back in the 70s and 80s either, so they may get ditched in preference for newies.
    On that note…what seems to be the most popular tyre choices for these?
    And, does the club/forum have access to workshop manuals/owners manuals for download??
    Cheers
    Peter.

Peter Hunt
    Participant

IT RUNS, IT RIDES, IT’S AWESOME.
    Just went up and down the street due to no registration, but starting it resulted in some backfiring and flame throwing, bringing out the old chook neighbours (prob thinking I was shooting the mrs…), and then it cleared and settled into a nice smooth idle, even without any undue clutch rattle!
    This bike hadn’t run for a few months, and then only briefly, so I was really happy to get it to fire up with little effort. I put a squirt of injector cleaner into the fresh fuel to help clear any gum.
    Need to bleed the back brake, but everything else seems real good, engine sounds tight.
    I will sleep well tonight. :)
    Cheers
    Peter.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Looks and sounds like you have found yourself a nice bike there Pete. Hope you get the registration soon so you can get out and enjoy it. If I’m not mistaken that’s a MK1 cooper S you have as well. I had one of those for a short time “when I were a lad” and now wish I never sold it.

Take care

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Thanks Trev – yes, all registered and have enjoyed several rides, and it’s a real head turner! I’ve got a custom number plate for it…1100RC of course!
    Just getting a few more km’s up on it before a valve shim check and carbie tune etc. I wondered why it was a bit harsh in the front end…..no fork oil, sheesh. Now fixed of course.
    Am loving it.:)

It’s actually a MkII S, Aussie build ’69. Was 1275, now 1330, goes like a cut snake and is a bag of fun. Fine weather car only, and hope to give it a damn good thrashing over Easter.:)
    Cheers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,this weekend I have changed the exhaust system on my RD,there was a four in one system mounted.Because of this system the fairing did not fit at the lower mountingpoints:(.
    I have taken a four in two system of a 1100F with bad dampers bud good downpipes,also had a pair of dampers that came of a partsbike.These dampers sandblasted and painted with vht paint,and with a pair of mountingplates that I had,the hole system mounted on the RD.
    It fits properly and the fairing is also mounted as it shoudl be:).
    The system that came of the RD will be mounted on the 1100F,it`s a blue one so it shoudl go a little faster

Greetins,
    Wim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tonight I’m splitting the cases to fit a new cam chain .. will give the big ends a check while I’m in there ..

BrianC
    Participant

Well the process has begun. Wheels are ready as is the swing arm, forks, calipers and plastic bits. Need to finish off the polished ally bits for clear ceramic coating. Also need a couple of bits tidied up on the harness. But it’s all go. See how the picture upload goes!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]850[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looking good Brian. How good do newly coated frames look? Keep up the good work.

SteveB

full set of pads fitted and brakes bled, big improvement now.

steve

pads002.jpg

DanielB

Andy

Do you know if a thread about these 4-5k rpm vibes was ever started?

Dan

Quote :

I know what you mean about the vibes Ross. Around [URL=”tel:4500%20-%205000″]4500 – 5000[/URL] rpm. Sends my right hand numb on motorway rides. Maybe we should start another thread to see if anyone has come up with a cure.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by RossL viewpost-right.png
    Just returned from a weekend at the bulldog bash. tent, sleeping bag,clothes etc all strapped down on the rear seat [ solo seat piece removed ] on the rc. vibration through the bars was annoying after a while. but a very good time was had.

BrianC
    Participant

Progress shot #2. Needs brake lines, bit of electrics and some checking, new footpeg rubbers to go on –and then start on the engine. Bolt by bolt.
    p.s. Anyone got an answer to my question on the rings? (Back in the rings thread)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]867[/ATTACH]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Brian
    Looking very good my friend. That’s good progress in 2.5 months.

BrianC
    Participant

Sorry to burst the bubble Trev, that’s 15 months (on and off) from the start of dismantling. I have to earn ‘shed points’ by doing other house related stuff to be allowed down to my little world.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I took a ride out in the Hampshire countryside on Sunday evening and found proof that we have been visited by aliens.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]870[/ATTACH]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.