What did you do on your "R" today

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum What did you do on your "R" today

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    AndyL

Talking of vibrations… has anyone got a detailed description of how to stop the tank baffles vibrating. I have heard various techniques, but what is the easiest way for a simpleton like me?

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I remember correctly Andy my solution involved just a simple wire coat hanger and a quick tug (ooh, dirty boy).

Unravel coat hanger and bend over an end to produce a tight V-shaped hook. Look through filler cap along the spine of the bottom of the tank and as you know you will see the baffle plate running across the spine. The plate is simply spot welded at either side and one of the welds will have seperated. Establish which side now acts as a hinge using the coat hanger or some other long thin implement and then when confirmed hook the coat hanger on the opposite side and administer a sharp pull towards the front of the tank.
    This will then jam the baffle on top of the spine and voila, the vibes are gone forever.

I have done this on both my Rs, the RC operation perfomed nearly 20 years ago and the baffle has never tingled in the slightest since.
    Good luck, but if you get the coat hanger stuck don’t blame me. Only joking, you can blame me, but you would still have a stuck coat hanger.

BrianC
    Participant

Not technically today, but what the heck. The exhausts are over with Chris Lineham in Victoria being reborn, the RED frame bits are at the painters, fork tubes are at the chrome shop, ANOTHER parts list is soon to go to Mr Silver and CMS. Sort all the bolts for replating next. Slowly slowly.

AndyL

Meant to post this on Monday… just went for a spin with a buzz free tank and took a pic near a WW2 airfield waiting for a Warbird to land (which it never did).

RCatairfield.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello you all,I am new here.My name is Wim Rijnberg my residence is Zwolle Holland and I own two Rs,one RC and one RD.The RC was restored by myself this year,both bike`s are now in good condition.

They are standard bike`s only the RD has Mikuni carbs,and both 4in1 exhaust.What I have done is replacing the X rings in both the petcocks to prevent them from leaking wen turn from on to res.

Wim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome on the R site Wim.

Kind regards,
    Wout.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Wout,hope for a ride together if the wether will co-orporate.
    Wim

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I decided to go out in this autumn sunshine today and while I love my Honda’s, I never thought I would find anywhere where someone had Honda flowerbeds.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352[/ATTACH]
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In Holland the weather was also awesome today.
    My wife and i made a trip on 2 RC,s and had great fun today.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]354[/ATTACH]

The RC,s have their own IA fan club.

Anonymous
    Inactive

14998768e14d8b850342d4e08790d6c5c250cf7c.jpg
    Last week I have made two paddockstands for my bike`s,Probebly the most of you have them,it is really very handy for chainmaintenance and cleanup work.
    Also it gives me more space to manoeuvre in my barn,wish it was a little bigger:<))))
    Regards to you all,

Wim

Anonymous
    Inactive

i took my head to be refaced today…this is the second time it.s been done….so fingers crossd i still have enough piston to valve clearance.:confused:..gonna carry on with bracing a 900f arm for my r….i .ve got some zrx shocks so need to change the from an eye to clevis;)….i did’nt want to cut my r arm up…:rolleyes:

Peter Hunt
    Participant

New here, so hi from Sth Australia.
    My RC arrived today from interstate having purchased it 3 weeks ago. It’s been repainted, engine rebuilt and has 18600kms on it. Engine was rebuilt due to burnt valves from split intake rubbers. So the previous owner did the lot while he was at it.
    I’ve not had it running yet, have ordered a new battery for it, so should have it screaming away soon, and then off to an ID check to get it registered.
    I’ve spent most of the day detailing it and poking around and making a list of some little bits I need – I’m very happy with it so far.
    I also have a K2 750/4 and a ’76 400/4.
    The RC has been a dream since they first appeared but I could never afford on at the time so ended up with a new 1100F after owning a 900F previous to that. Then a succession of CBR’s etc. No moderns in the garage now.
    Anyway, hope to make some friends on here and chat about R stuff.
    Cheers
    Peter.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome Peter,
    Glad we got you sorted. Enjoy your new arrival, be careful though, they are very addictive.

AndyL

Welcome aboard Peter,

Post some pics up when you get the chance. I know we all know what they look like, but everyone loves looking at pics don’t they? Do you still have the 1100F by the way?

Andy L

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Thanks guys. I’ll try the pic thing – I’m on a couple of other forums but they all seem to have different ways of posting pics, so see how I go.
    I don’t have any glamorous pics yet, just when I wheeled it into the garage, and it was a very quick aim and shoot type shot.
    And no, I don’t still have the F…that really was a great bike and did a lot of hard work for me…mostly at illegal speeds, haha.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]641[/ATTACH]

Hey I think that worked!!!
    Cheers
    Peter.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.