compatable parts off other models

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum compatable parts off other models

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SteveB

hi
    i have told by various members that some parts off other Hondas are similar to 1100r parts
    ie CX TURBO wheels , discs, footpegs ?
    CB900/cbx1000 speedo ,
    cb750f twin cam points cover
    CB1100F airbox etc
    maybe could we make a page listing these parts ( sticky/ widget )
    so when we cant find the original part ,we can find a part that “will do” until we find the original
    what do you think ?

steve

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Sounds like a good idea to me Steve…. :-)

Glenn

AndyL

Ok… my contribution

CX500 Turbo front wheel is the same for the 1100R (and the 1100F)
    VF750F rear wheel is the same as the 1100R except you have to use the VF rear disk
    TRAC unit appears to be the same on the 1100R and 1100F

Airboxes look the same for the 750/900/1100F but are different I am led to believe.

Brake calipers for the F are the same as the R but have different pistons.

I’ll think of some more later

1100rAdmin

If we can work out the factual details on this then I can put them up in a new section on this. I’ll work on some sort of widget format.
    Any thoughts and ideas apprecitated
    :)

PhilipC

For those of us restoring CB1100Rs, knowing which parts from other models were the same would be invaluable – please share your wisdom!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The cb1100F air filter box is not the same as the R, the R has 1 breather extra.
    For the alternator parts you can use the stator and rotor from the cbx400 and cbx550F.
    Many small parts have MA3 numbers but are the same as the cb900F parts.
    The throttle control is the same as the cb650F.
    I have used cb1100F piston rings in my RC engine without problems.

PhilipC

Thanks WoutV! (And thanks for the headlamp shell – I have bought several parts from you!). Such information is so helpful – thanks for sharing. Can the 1100F air box be modified to 1100R spec? Any chance of photos? Particularly seeking information on forks, callipers, calliper mounts and discs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Philip,about the calipers for the rc/rd they are wider (38mm) than the rb/1100f/900f (31mm).
    The discs on the rc/rd are aprox. 10mm ventilated the others are masive.
    Wim

Anonymous
    Inactive

@WoutV 1663 wrote:

The cb1100F air filter box is not the same as the R, the R has 1 breather extra.
    For the alternator parts you can use the stator and rotor from the cbx400 and cbx550F.
    Many small parts have MA3 numbers but are the same as the cb900F parts.
    The throttle control is the same as the cb650F.
    I have used cb1100F piston rings in my RC engine without problems.

my rb has only 1 inlet breather…i think trevors is the same too…

SteveB

[ATTACH=CONFIG]927[/ATTACH]
    @PhilipC 1666 wrote:

Can the 1100F air box be modified to 1100R spec? Any chance of photos?

here is pic of 1100rd airbox, showing 2 inlets
    click on it for full size pic
    steve

AndyL

Well, according to http://www.cmsnl.com the 1100RC/D utilise the same airbox as the US version of the CB1100F – part number 17213MA3660

Hope that helps?

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

The RB spec was originally 115 HP, while the RC/RD have 120 HP. Part of the performance upgrade was to add a second air intake on the Air box of the RC/RD models. There were also jetting differences between the RB and RC/RD models.

SteveB
    PhilipC

I think its a great idea to compile a list of compatible parts. Yes, we have the parts numbers and can see the differences but are some parts with different numbers interchangible? I personally am interested in RB parts:
    – front fork parts (different valving on stanchions??)
    – front calliper parts (same callipers but different mounting brackets to accommodate bigger diameter discs – can these be CNC machined?? Different pistons??)
    – fairing bracket)s) (shit – Honda didn’t want the fairing to fall off, did they!! Is the “scaffolding” the same as CB900F Bol D’or?)

Also, I realise the clutch-cover of the CB1100F engine is different – can they be swapped? Any other external differences?

Please help if you can guys.

LexDex

Hi – I have just started rebuilding an RD – going over the motor I have just found the crank is bent on the generator end. Leading to my question – according to spare parts website the crank in the RD is the same as the cb1100f super sport. Both are listed as 13000ma3000. Can anyone confirm this for me and also where I could find one. Thanks – Lex

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.