EBay Watch – Bikes for sale

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum EBay Watch – Bikes for sale

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 294 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@AndyJ 3917 wrote:

What do we reckon then? Will it go for a couple of grand more than the starting bid? RBs getting harder to find now.

Could be more than a couple of grand Andy..prices of all bikes have gone crazy now..and for something as rare as a RB who knows

Anonymous
    Inactive

Possibly Keith. However, still a small market for these bikes I think. There not everyone’s cup of tea. Just those with exceedingly good taste ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would say that is an ex South African bike looking at the Cowley exhaust Andy, and the fact it needs registering and is has NOVA in place.
    The Cowley factory was just down the road from where i worked when i lived in South africa, Yes there is a small market for these bikes Andy, but people who know what they are and how good they were back in the day still appreciate them, and they are still nice to ride

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Obviously the RB being the rarer of the breed if that is what someone want then it may add value. I think the guy will reach his asking price.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Start price is already bid. What will it end up at?

DanielB

Went for £4900, if it’s all complete a bit of a bargain I’d say

JohnS

It didnt look all that bad but the rear tyre showed it had had a hard life. Rear guard assembly missing also.
    Considering it was running it seemed like a bargain.
    JohnS

StephenS

Looked at RC in Stockholm a few weeks ago for 70kSwedish which is about £6,500 not bad condition actually.
    also looking at an RC 30 in Denmark spoke to the guy tonight, he just sold an RB from his collection a few weeks ago, agh. Talk about timing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you buy the RC Stephen?

StephenS

No it’s still for sale.
    Im looking at the RC30 in a couple of weeks when I can get to it.
    but the 1100R is still for sale plus he has an CB1100F for sale as well in very very good condition.

There was aCB1100RC last year for sale here for £5k

if you are interested I can forward the details of the 1100RC owner

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oooh no. Not in the market at the moment. Just interested to know if you bought it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thinking of selling my Honda CB1100RC 1982. Bike is in good condition and located in Ayrshire, Scotland. Recent engine rebuild, thanks to the support from forum members. Anyone interested PM me, thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1780[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1779[/ATTACH]

SteveB

Manual on Ebay, looks suspiciously like a home made photocopy thats been stapled together !
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142312932853?ul_noapp=true

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes Steve it does look a bit home made

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I think this is actually rather interesting gents and it got me diving into my collection of R manuals. About 20 years ago I picked up a manual for an RC that had a black and white cover and two staples through the spine. It even has the two sided print and single sided print cable harness and wiring diagrams in exactly the same fold pattern as the coloured manuals, attached at the back . On the front of mine is a sticker that states “ONLY PHOTOSTAT COPY AVAILABLE”. I have never seen another since. Looking at the one for sale here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142312932853?ul_noapp=true it also appears to have the two staples the same as mine. I forget exactly where I got mine from but was told that a few of these black and white manuals were distributed by Honda, to dealers at the time, but I cannot remember the reason given for this.
    One thought is that they were pre-delivered to dealers to use as service manuals. This would make sense to me as if someone was simply wanting to just copy a manual, then to go to the trouble of doing the diagrams the same size and folds as per the coloured manuals seems excessive to me and would be rather costly. Also at that time there wouldn’t really be a market for them. The fact that I have the same item bought years ago convinces me this is not a recent copying exercise by someone to make a bit of money from us R fans.
    I suggest that the one for sale here, if the diagrams are attached as I mentioned is a genuine article, and indeed is a very rare piece of R memorabilia for any of you who like me collect all things R. At that current price probably a bargain. If I didn’t have mine I would be in for that in a flash. In fact I may get tempted, as it looks to be in better condition than mine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1782[/ATTACH]

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 294 total)
  • The topic ‘EBay Watch – Bikes for sale’ is closed to new replies.