Switzerland 2012 International Meeting

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Switzerland 2012 International Meeting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thought it would be a good time to start a thread for next years International meeting to be hosted by our Swiss friends. As travelling will require a good amount of logistics and planning it is never to early to start preparations.
    1. Do we know of a confirmed date and location yet?
    2. Who is considering or confirming on going from the UK at this moment?
    3. Has anyone looked at potential crossings, routes etc yet?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good idea Andy.
    Next week we have the Dutch R meeting so we can talk about the Swiss meeting with the dutchies.

@AndyJ 204 wrote:

Thought it would be a good time to start a thread for next years International meeting to be hosted by our Swiss friends. As travelling will require a good amount of logistics and planning it is never to early to start preparations.
    1. Do we know of a confirmed date and location yet?
    2. Who is considering or confirming on going from the UK at this moment?
    3. Has anyone looked at potential crossings, routes etc yet?

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Andy

The details I have been given about Switzerland 2012 are at present provisional:

1/ June 8-9-10th June
    2/ Gurnigal, Swiss Mountains
    3/ Cost 180-220 Euro

The attached pictures are the planned venue.

Due to the distance involved I have been looking into transporting the bike by Van or Trailer and looked at crossing from Newhaven. The main reason for Newhaven is because Graham lives in the area, I would need to travel that direction and we could then share the transport costs.

At present this is all just a plan but failing to plan is like planning to fail.

Trev

AndyL

Had a very quick preliminary look at hiring a 7.5 tonne truck with tail-lift and it came in about £1150 for 4 insured drivers… not cheap/ This is gonna need some serious planning.

PeteLC

Hi GangSome websites to look at fresh from my KTM swiss buddy I skied with a couple of weeks back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurnigel_PassPete

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

I actually think that I could be up for this meeting this year – looks too good a spot to miss – appears I might get a bit of climbing in too…!! Do we know who’s going yet, routes selected, vans v bikes etc…? Be good to share the knowledge..?

Cheers.. Glenn

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Looks like Graham and I will be taking car and trailer Newhaven-Dieppe. Then drive across France to a point near the border, we will stop for the night and dump the car. We then plan to ride on to the event on Friday. Return will be the same route in reverse leaving Sunday.

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Thanks for ggeting Back Trev – we’ve decided to make a bigger break of it – so we are going out on the 7th June and back on the 16th.. Dover Calais – about 750 miles door to door according to Google. Taking the RB in the Vito with some climbing gear.. Anyone free to meet up en route is welcome tp off load any kit etc..

Cheers.. Glenn

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Glenn
    Can I assume from your message that you will be taking Tina? Does that mean you will be adding your pillion seat to the RB for the ride out on Saturday?

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi Trev – yes that’s the plan – we’re also planning to spend the rest of the week touring returning on the 16th June to the UK. Looking forward to it already…

Cheers.. Glenn:)

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Just noticed that you’re in Basingstoke – I’m working in reading Monday to Friday – :rolleyes: give me a call if you fancy a beer/meal some night..?

Cheers.. Glenn

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Closing date for this meeting is the end of March so better get in quick.

I’ve got the insurance sorted and booked my space with our Swiss friends today so the plan starting to come together.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[ATTACH=CONFIG]676[/ATTACH]

Bikes are on the trailer ready for the Swiss meeting.:D

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I’ve booked the trailer but loading the bike’s will have to wait until the day before I leave.:cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]682[/ATTACH]

AndyL

Right, I’ve booked in for the trip… now here’s the rub.

If things carry on at the pace they are with regards to my rebuild I am going to miss having my bike ready in time for the trip (one thing after another which i will cover in greater detail on another thread). I have managed to secure the use of my mate’s Thundercat 600 Yam to get me out on the road while this glorious weather is with us but in an ideal world I would like to be able to attend the Swiss Rally on an R (rather than the nippy but high revving Yam – never realised how torquey an R is til I swung my leg over a ‘modernish 600).

So, in short, does anyone have a spare that I could borrow for the rally – on a fully comp insurance and a promise to replace any broken bits should anything happen – if push came to shove? I realise its cheeky, but if you don’t ask you don’t get do you?

If everything goes as it should,it shouldn’t be an issue, but I thought I would ask and test the water in advance so to speak.

Go on… pretty please! :rolleyes:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.