EBay Watch – Bikes for sale

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum EBay Watch – Bikes for sale

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 294 total)
  • Author
    GregM

Had a look at this bike today very original bike low klms 16000 second owner deceased estate , has not run for 10 years need tyres and a good go over no rust in the tank at all
    he is pretty firm on the price non genuine exhaust believed to be off a 900

CB1100RC for sale on Gumtree post by John

JohnS

Greg,
    Not run for 10 years and needs new tyres is a bit of a worry, considering he wants $20K.

JohnS

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

No rust in the tank…? I should hope not they’re aluminium… :confused:

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I’ve been contacted by a guy who says he has Ron’s original RB for sale. I know we’ve all heard that before but this guy says the bike has not been used since he bought it and he has papers from Honda to prove the fact. The guy knows what he has but says he won’t be asking silly money.

Martin Jones
    15 St James Lane
    Muswell Hill
    London
    N10 3DA
    Tel: 020 8444 8117
    Mob: 07831 322654
    Email: martin@mr-jones.co.uk

SteveB

Hiya Trev
    Whats his big secret ? Maybe he should put photos of the bike and the letters of proof on here, along with a price.
    If I owned it and had proof it was genuine , I would have put it up for Auction at the Stafford show,where it could be inspected by all the experts and reached a huge price.
    steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

Trev,

This has reminded me to follow up. I had a good conversation with Ron Haslam about this at Donnington. There was a guy I spoke to there who said he had Ron’s original bike too.

The storey is that Ron, as with all the factory riders, was offered all his race bikes after the season, but as he lived in a 2up/2down in Langley Mill with his mum at the time with just a small shed in the back yard
    he had nowhere to keep them. So to his regret now he never took them up. The thing was Honda were adamant that the bike was only available to Ron or kept by the Factory, although Ron
    believes it’s quite possible one of his R’s did go to one of his team.

During our conversation about this Ron’s wife Ann rang his old mechanic, and asked him if he still had the Frame/Engine numbers of his old bikes. Apparently he has them and Ann was going to get back to me
    with them so the Club can be in a position to verify which of the numerous bikes were the genuine Honda Britain race bikes.

So, I’ll follow up and we’ll know for sure.

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

This story gets even more confusing as the last time I spoke with Ron he said he knew exactly where his bike was as he’d given it away to ‘someone who had helped him a lot’ during those early days. That said who knows where it has actually ended up. I had two people at Donnington offer me Ron’s original bike – One I pushed for a price and he was asking circa £25,000….

I may be wrong but I believe that’s a lot even with Ron’s provenance…?

Cheers.. Glenn

JohnS

Glenn, Very interesting, however that money may not be too far from the mark. Last year Wayne Gardners Aust. Castrol 6 hour winning bike sold to a Qld. collector for $A50k. ( ref: Just Bikes or MC Trader). If Ron could authenticate it with a signature under the seat or somewhere on the bike, it could very well reach close to that figure.
    Some prices are crazy….we all know the value of RC/RD mirrors.

JohnS

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Really nice RD model by Wits for sale on EBay. I have one of these models which were only manufactured in low numbers and in my view they are the best RD replica I’ve seen!

Ebay # 272043894748

Anonymous
    Inactive

No Trevor this is the best RD replica in my eyes.[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1506&stc=1[/IMG]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@WoutV 3454 wrote:

No Trevor this is the best RD replica in my eyes.[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1506&stc=1[/IMG]

Which model is that Wout?

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@GlennK 3451 wrote:

This story gets even more confusing as the last time I spoke with Ron he said he knew exactly where his bike was as he’d given it away to ‘someone who had helped him a lot’ during those early days. That said who knows where it has actually ended up. I had two people at Donnington offer me Ron’s original bike – One I pushed for a price and he was asking circa £25,000….

I may be wrong but I believe that’s a lot even with Ron’s provenance…?

Cheers.. Glenn

From what I remember Ron’s RB had the brake and gear leaver swapped so it should be simple to tell the genuine article. I’m not sure where this picture was taken but take a look at Ron’s left foot, it looks like a brake to me.

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1507&stc=1[/IMG]

Anonymous
    Inactive

@TrevH 3456 wrote:

Which model is that Wout?

Hello Trevor,

This is the auto art model.
    I have one but they are sold out since 2 years.

http://www.autoartmodels.com/web/product/en/1939?antiCache=13228456710769C8685DE7F3A727BB7AB4BF4906E2948

Wout.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@WoutV 3464 wrote:

Hello Trevor,

This is the auto art model.
    I have one but they are sold out since 2 years.

http://www.autoartmodels.com/web/product/en/1939?antiCache=13228456710769C8685DE7F3A727BB7AB4BF4906E2948

Wout.

Wout

I’ve not seen the that Auto Art Model except in pictures however it does look very good and even better with the RB Generator covers. It’s a 1/6th scale. The Wit model is in my view the best 1/12th scale model.

There is also Minichamps 1/12th scale but it doesn’t appear such good detail it has RD paint job, but not quit the right colour and a RC swinging arm.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Found these on ebay CB1100RC/D Front Brake lines http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEL-Front-OEM-Braided-Brake-Lines-Honda-CB1100-RC-RD-1982-1984-/231748412816?hash=item35f5482590:g:vUwAAOSw5ZBWQgMW

They are £89.99 – 25% at the checkout =£67.49 which includes the Stainless Banjo bolts and copper washers, for a 3 line set

I bought a set and were not quite right so i sent them my originals and they remade them correctly

Not a bad price

Keith

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 294 total)
  • The topic ‘EBay Watch – Bikes for sale’ is closed to new replies.