Fairing bolts

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum Fairing bolts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    DavidB

Like an idiot, I have lost the 2 screws with the large diameter head that hold the underneath of the front of the RC fairing to the fairing frame. The ones right under the headlight? Anyone have any spares or suggestions for replacements?

Thanks

David

Lonely RC owner in Canada

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi David,I have two original screws for you,they are usable but not 100%.Can send them to you ,only postagecost.
    Regards,

Wim

Nat_P

Hi,

I have 1 of these bolts missing as well. (1100RD in case it makes any difference ) If anyone has one I can have or can point me in the right direction It would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nat.

Nat_P

Hi………..

After a bit of research I found this company

http://www.fairingbolt.com/info/About_Us

They don’t do single bolts, minimum order is 100. Maybe if there are enough of us that need these it may be worth placing an order.

Regards,

Nat.

SteveB

Nat, thats shop is a good find, maybe you can help me ? The 4 bolts that hold my seat on my 1100RD are missing, maybe this shop has got some “on the shelf “
    but i dont know which ones to order because i havent got an original one to measure. Please could anybody tell me the dimensions of these bolts (and also the 2 bolts which hold the seat cowl on), so i can order some from this shop.I know you can still get the 4 original seat bolts 90142-MA3-000 , but i would prefer them with allen key heads.
    thank you steve
    ps enjoy your new bike, i have only had mine since april ,but searching for parts has already become an obsession

Nat_P

Hi Steve,

I will get in touch with Fairingbolt and see what they can come up with. Minimum production is 100 bolts. There again at 4 bolts per item ( 4 for seat and 4 for front fairing ) ordering 100 of each will do 25 bikes. I guess most peoples bolts will look a tad chewed by now given the number of times they have been removed over the years so will probably be able to cover my costs.

Am I correct in thinking you are after parts number 10 & 11 on the diagram ?

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb1100rc-ii-australia-england-france-germany-holland_model8284/partslist/F17-1.html#results

I need part number 25 ………….

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb1100rc-ii-australia-england-france-germany-holland_model8284/partslist/F01-1.html#results

Anyone else need any bolts whilst I am at it ?

Leave it with me, will let you know what they say.

Regards,

Nat.

SteveB

Nat
    yes it is 10 and 11 that i need.Did you measure the existing bolts on your bike ?
    Hopefully one of thier off the shelf bolts is ok.
    And save the wait for a production run ?

thanks
    steve

Nat_P

Hi Steve,

I have sent them an e-mail with all the details I have . As soon as I have a response I will let everyone know.

Regards,

Nat.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Nat and Steve

Have you looked at Phil Denton Engineering they make replica fixings for many Japanese motorcycles in Stainless. I have seen these guys at Stafford and their work looks very good. They will manufacture whatever quantity you require from either a drawing or any pattern.
    http://www.econwyrural.co.uk/businesses/phil-denton-engineering/

Regards
    Trev

Anonymous
    Inactive

Titanium Bolts and Screws… NICE !!😎

Nat_P

Hi,

Ive not had a reply from fairingbolt , so instead I have spoken to Phil Denton who were very nice and helpful.
    Now the issue I have is my CB is away at the moment having some work done, so we either have to wait for it to come back,( aprox 2-3 weeks ) or we have to borrow 3 bolts from someone to send away to be copied.
    Any volunteers ?

Regards,

Nat

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Nat,

Have you discussed QTY price breaks with Phil Denton? The Club committee would be interested in looking at the economies of scale in getting more than
    a minimal amounts of screws done. A healthy proportion of this cost to these custom runs is the initial design on setup so we should take a good look
    at this.

I have screws that can be used for patterns depending on which ones we are getting done.

Steve

Nat_P

Hi Steve,

I spoke to Phil about making a certain amount. I didn’t talk exact numbers, but he did say they are not geared up to making large quantities like 100 +. I need the front fairing bolts ( 4 bolts per set ), I am sure they could do maybe 40 ( which is 10 sets ) . The rear fairing bolts are still available, but Steve B needs the seat cowl to seat bolts ( 2 bolts per set ) and again I am sure he could make 20 ( which is 10 sets again ).
    I enquired roughly on price and Phil said he needs to see the bolts first , but as a ball park figure it would be roughly £4 per bolt.
    Perhaps the thing to do is to send Phil the bolts, let him have a look and then he can give an accurate price and the quantity he is happy/able to make.
    I am happy to do that, or you can take over if you like as I don’t have any bolts I can send Phil at the moment.

Regards,
    Nat.

DavidB

Hey guys a temporary stp ago for me was to use the two bolts which hold the fairing lowers (identical to the ones underneath the fairing nose)and then use someallen bolts with a nifty very catchy domed spacer from Pro Bolts. Not quite original but it looks trick and they are low enough nobody seems them anyway. Also cheap and readily available

Can take pictures if someone will tell me how to load.

David

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Nat, Steve

I’ll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find the 3 bolts required. If I can, then I’d be happy to lend them to you for use as a pattern. I would also be interested in a set of each of these bolts myself as long as they are replicas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.