2014 international cb1100r owners meeting – uk

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum 2014 international cb1100r owners meeting – uk

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@PaulA 2460 wrote:

just a bit of info for people wanting to attend next year and looking for alternative places to stay,there has been a major fire in the accomodation wing of one of the largest hotels on the island,this therefore wont be available next year so people will be looking elsewhere.Its a small island people make your plans sooner rather than later

Looks like a business opportunity for you Paul. Have you a spare room?

PaulA

Trev you will be amazed how many “friends” I have saying how nice it would be to see me after such a long time-especially around the end of May and August each year for some reason !!

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@PaulA 2463 wrote:

Trev you will be amazed how many “friends” I have saying how nice it would be to see me after such a long time-especially around the end of May and August each year for some reason !!

Myself and a few friends will be having a party at King William College August 2014. How about you join us. Now that’s a true friend.

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

News flash from the booking secretary :p

At the last count we have 45 participants… !!!

Spaces are limited folks so do not hang around to get those forms and deposits in – this will be an event you’ll be sorry if you miss it..

Do not delay.. Cheers.. Glenn

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

I’ve just pick up this post from Glenn.

Hot off the press….. Quick update today from the IOM Classic TT organisers.. They are proposing a parade lap of the full Mountain Course dedicated to the CB1100R bikes and owners…!! Costs for insurance etc is likely to be in the region of £200 a bike – but what an opportunity……!!

Not sure if numbers will be limited yet so please let me know asap if you’re interested in participating…?? This event is just getting better and better..

Cheers.. Glenn

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Merry Christmas to all our fellow CB1100R enthisiasts and their loved ones – I hope I get the time to do more riding in 2014 than I did in 2013…!!

– and a gentle reminder that deposits for the 2014 IOM Classic meeting need to be in by the 31st December – application are currently oversubscibed but it’s the deposits that seal a booking…..

So don’t sit there and in August 2014 say ” shucks (or something similar) I really wish I’d made the effort now”

Do it NOW – this is destined to be a Classic meeting

Cheers… Glenn

PaulA

things are getting better boys and girls, time to dig out the shoulder pads and hair lacquer !!!

http://www.iomtt.com/Classic-TT/News/2013/11/25/Joey-Dunlop-parade-2014.aspx

PaulA

was at a VMCC club night,numbers for the rally and Jurby laps are selling fast,80 out of 108 places have been sold
    anyone wanting to take part get it sorted now is the advice offered
    snooze you lose

SteveB

Paul,
    i wanted to do the VMCC parade Lap on the saturday, instead of our CB1100R parade on the monday. But they wont let me because they are doing scrutineering and safety talk on friday afternoon, but i wont arrive until late friday night !.
    Ah well cest la vie
    steveb

PaulA

Steve
    there were quite a few logistical issues raised,the VMCC over here are meeting the Government to make them aware of how much revenue the Classic TT will bring to the Island as a whole and are trying to get some sort of financial assistance,people in the know think it may get to be as big as the main TT within 5 years
    The main issue at the moment is there arent enough sailings to cope with everyone who apparently wants to come and they are reluctant to charter an extra vessel as they do in June

SteveB

I have now got a place on this parade, Myself and a few others are doing the safety talk on the sunday now.
    you can watch me parading on the Monday inbetween the two races.
    I am using my CB1100RD , If it wasnt for it being the OC rally , I would have left it at home for the week and used my rc30.
    steve

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Great stuff Steve – it’s a terrific experience..!!

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@SteveB 2845 wrote:

I have now got a place on this parade, Myself and a few others are doing the safety talk on the sunday now.
    you can watch me parading on the Monday inbetween the two races.
    I am using my CB1100RD , If it wasnt for it being the OC rally , I would have left it at home for the week and used my rc30.
    steve

It will be a great photo oppertunaty. The R on the mountain circuit.

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Like this one Trev… 😮 [ATTACH=CONFIG]1362[/ATTACH] I’m tempted again….:confused:

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@GlennK 2850 wrote:

Like this one Trev… 😮 [ATTACH=CONFIG]1362[/ATTACH] I’m tempted again….:confused:

Very tempting Glenn. It would be great to see a few R’s on the circuit.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.