New member introductions

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum New member introductions

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    JohnS

Welcome Stuart,
    Sounds like a very exciting time with the imminent arrival of an RC. Dont forget to post the pics!

JohnS

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Welcome to the club Stuart – Devon heh…? :) – now that would make a great club ride out…:cool:

Keep us posted on your RC acquisition – lots of useful advice and help on here..

Cheers.. Glenn

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Hi Stuart and welcome. The 11F is a very nice and rare bike in the UK and although the RC is similar in many ways they are quite different as well. The R’s do seem draw attention from bikers of a certain age.

Enjoy your new arrival
    Trev

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
    In 1982 I was a spotty 16 year old looking for my first moped, and Honda advertised the bike I got (MB50) with an RC in the background, I wanted one from that moment on, and finally I’m in a position to get one.
    I asked around earlier this year for an excellent original or restored properly bike, there were a couple of silly priced ones at dealers in the UK, but then Wout messaged me he had an RC he’d restored a couple of years ago, I’ve dealt with him for a few years now for F parts and know of his reputation with the R’s, so had no hesitation in doing the deal. It looks to be exactly what I’m after in the pics, and Wout has organised and fitted a replica 4 > 2 exhaust for me too.
    So as soon as I get it registered in the UK I should be ready to find out why all the road testers raved about these bikes back in the 80’s.
    It’s taken me a while to organise getting out there to collect it, but tomorrow I’ll be on my way. I’m feeling a bit like a kid waiting for Christmas day now…

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Hey Stuart, good luck mate and hope you enjoy the new ride. I remember how excited I was waiting for the truck to arrive with mine. Happy days.
    I had a brand new F back in the day cos I couldn’t afford an R. Loved that F.
    Cheers from Oz and don’t forget the pics!
    Peter.

GregM

Hi Stuart
    me joy the ride mate good to have you on board

Cheers Greg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Stuart visit me this morning to pick up the nice RC he bought from me.
    He is very happy with the bike and is on his way home now with the bike on the trailer
    It was great to meet him and his friend Gary.
    We wish him a lot safe and happy miles on his beauty.

Wout.

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1455&stc=1[/IMG]
    This is Stuart new bike a very nice restored RC.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m back from seeing Wout now, had a great time with him, and came home with my new R.
    I was back very late last night so only had time to unload it and get it secure in the garage.
    Today I’ve swapped the headlight and am now ready for the mot tomorrow, and then hopefully get it registered and use it.

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1462&stc=1[/IMG]

ChrisW

Hi I’m back, after a gap of about 14 years, rebuilding the R at the moment hope to be back on the road next year. Just had a knee op so stops play for a week or two. I hope to meet up with you all soon.

Chris

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome back Chris. Do you have a lot of work on your hands or is it just a good fettling that the old girl requires.
    We like photos.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like you’ve got a good one there Stuart. Nice little stable developing.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Looking forward to seeing you out and about with the R Stuart!

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@StuartD 3270 wrote:

I’m back from seeing Wout now, had a great time with him, and came home with my new R.
    I was back very late last night so only had time to unload it and get it secure in the garage.
    Today I’ve swapped the headlight and am now ready for the mot tomorrow, and then hopefully get it registered and use it.

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1462&stc=1[/IMG]

Looking forward to seeing you out and about Stuart!

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@ChrisW 3271 wrote:

Hi I’m back, after a gap of about 14 years, rebuilding the R at the moment hope to be back on the road next year. Just had a knee op so stops play for a week or two. I hope to meet up with you all soon.

Chris

Welcome back Chris. These bikes will still put a smile on your face even after 14 years.

JohnS

Stuart,

That is a wonderful looking RC. The F looks pretty cool too Stuart. I like the RSC transfer on the side, giving people the reminder, this machine is a thoroughbred.

Well done to Wout and yourself.

JohnS

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 152 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.