New member introductions

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum New member introductions

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Look forward to seeing you out and about then now Stewart – Classic TT at the end of August…? 😮

Cheers.. Glenn

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m in the process of registering it at the moment, I got the MOT yesterday.
    Unfortunately, I’m moving house during August and can’t see me managing much more than local rides out, but after that’s all out of the way then I want to get out and about more.
    Steve Gardner has told me about a couple of events in October, I’d definitely like to try to make the CMM Stafford show if possible.
    Are there any members down my way in Devon who get out for a ride? I always try to get out at least once a week if the weather allows.

Anonymous
    Inactive

John, thank you, the RSC sticker is hiding a little scratch, apparently it was done when first fitting the seat unit after it was painted. I think I’ll leave it like that for now and maybe look into getting it repaired at some point in the future, or maybe not! I just want to ride it for now :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I bought a RC a few weeks ago from Wout in Holland who found me a very nice RC that is in original condition and in need of a bit of cosmetic restoration which i will do over next winter

Bought the bike back to England and finally got it registered last week, Wout supplied me with a CB900 4-2 exhaust with the bike as it had a Sebring 4-1 on it, i cut the 900 silencers off and have fitted the front section with a pair of Marving silencers that i borrowed of one of my CB1100F’s, i will get a proper replica set soon

Keith[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1463&stc=1[/IMG]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Both of these RC’s from Wout are very nice, and you are very fortunate you have such a good source of bikes/spares so close!

May there be lots of good riding ahead, and exposure for these wonderful bikes.
    Brett

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome back Chris. Glad you have not lost the R bug.

ChrisW

The all white body work was Cadwell in 1999, The standard pic is from Oulton in 1998.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Chris Did you race your bike? Or was the body work white as part of a resto?

Trev

@ChrisW 3306 wrote:

The all white body work was Cadwell in 1999, The standard pic is from Oulton in 1998.

ChrisW

Not raced, I had them made for Cadwell park so I wouldn’t damage the original body work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We have some new members coming on here chaps, looking to find a CB1100R to buy or for help with what to look out for with bikes they have found for sale.
    New members JamesH, PaulL , and then also a new Aussie member KymS who is restoring an RB in Perth.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome aboard guys. Good luck with your searches and builds.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Everybody welcome in the R family.
    Let me know when i can help.
    I have a nice restored RB for sale!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the new members, and good luck with your search if you are looking for a R, remember there are members here to answer any questions before you make your purchase

Its also worth contacting Wout in Holland, he has the odd bike for sale now and again, its where i got my RC earlier this year

keith

JamesH

Hi Everyone.

New member here – James. Based on the south coast in Hove, East Sussex.

Have a small collection of mainly SOHC Hondas (CB500/4 K0, CB550/4 K0, CB750 K0, K1) and a few other bits (Kawasaki Z1b, CBX1000). I’m a self confessed Honda nut I’m afraid.

Pretty active on the sohc UK forum.

Have just agreed the purchase of a CB1100 RB from a seller in Germany. Bike won’t be with me for a few weeks as a friend in the Netherlands will be storing until I can collect.

Looking forward to meeting you all (virtually for now ;-)). Couple of teaser photos attached.

As far as I’m aware it’s a one owner bike – mileage is 5003 km from new, believed Genuine.

I’ll post some photos of my other bikes in the coming days.

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1501&stc=1[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1502&stc=1[/IMG]

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Hi James and welcome to the club – we’re a pretty friendly (harmless) lot and we’re full of information and sources of further data if/when needed.

Bike looks tasty – I have an RB myself – and at the risk of getting ‘flamed’ think the RB was the thoroughbred of the all the 1100r’s.. :p

Sits back awaiting flack….:)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 152 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.