What did you do on your "R" today

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum What did you do on your "R" today

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Michael van de Mark the dutch winner of the world supersport race in Assen on my RB last week.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1273[/ATTACH]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@WoutV 2782 wrote:

Michael van de Mark the dutch winner of the world supersport race in Assen on my RB last week.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1273[/ATTACH]

Hi obviously knows a good bike when he see’s one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bloody Hell. Didn’t know the RB was eligible for World Supersport races. :)

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

;) roflmao… ;)

SteveB

yesterday i balanced the carbs on the RB and also reconnected the loose plug that stopped it charging the battery
    then this morning i took the RB for a ride to rivington , it goes better than it looks, it “seems” lighter and comfier than the RD .
    very noisy (106 Db ) but great fun. It can now go onto the rota of which bike to ride .
    Because its so scruffy ,it will probably become my daily bike, and my track day bike.
    steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

New “Motobat” battery fitted to the RC

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@SteveB 2821 wrote:

yesterday i balanced the carbs on the RB and also reconnected the loose plug that stopped it charging the battery
    then this morning i took the RB for a ride to rivington , it goes better than it looks, it “seems” lighter and comfier than the RD .
    very noisy (106 Db ) but great fun. It can now go onto the rota of which bike to ride .
    Because its so scruffy ,it will probably become my daily bike, and my track day bike.
    steve

Steve. I’ve not ridden an RD properly for some time but when I moved your RD at Mallory last year I thought it was very slim compared to my RB. I always thought the RC/RD seat looks to have a thicker cushion than the RB so would think the RC/RD more comfortable for long rides.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@AndyJ 2822 wrote:

New “Motobat” battery fitted to the RC

Andy. How does it compare to the Odyssey PC310?[TABLE=”width: 115″]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got the 14Ah version Trev. Dimensionally, twice the size of the Odyssey. Fits snuggly in the carrier though. Bit heavier and the connection terminals are bigger than the 6mm ones on the Odyssey. Performance excellent at present. Only time will tell if longevity meets that of the odyssey. I suspect not. Got almost 10 years out of my 310. The virtually 50% difference in price between the two makes me think that probably the odyssey may be a better long term buy. I will see.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

My Odyssey PC310 is now about 9 years old, does that mean I will need to replace it next season? I’ve been very impressed with the Odyssey it’s not been charged in those 9 years.

Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

I got a good 10 years out of mine Trev.. :-)

Cheers.. Glenn

SteveB

http://sk-art.co.uk/Media/Gallery/Motorbikes/Rivington_JUN14_01_PI/images/RIV010614P1%20(295).jpg
    I have been out on RB again, i did 140 miles with my mates on there modern 600,s. they couldnt keep up with me, it burns oil but great fun.
    steve

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@SteveB 2836 wrote:

http://sk-art.co.uk/Media/Gallery/Motorbikes/Rivington_JUN14_01_PI/images/RIV010614P1%20(295).jpg
    I have been out on RB again, i did 140 miles with my mates on there modern 600,s. they couldnt keep up with me, it burns oil but great fun.
    steve

Steve! It’s great these big old beasties can still surprise some of the modern boys.

SteveB

yesterday (1st august ) i did a trackday at Cadwell park on the RB, The weather was perfect all day, I was in the superbike group.
    the bike held its own in the twisty bits all day , but struggled down the 2 straights , the Avon AM26 tyres are excellent, gripping right to the edges, I almost ground through the underside of the pipe.
    the only issue i had was the bike just wouldnt rev past 8k. ( I THINK 8K ,but not sure because the rev needle snapped off in the 1st session)
    I am hoping its the exhaust pipe to blame because the the easiest thing to replace.
    pics to follow and maybe another story in the mag.
    On saturday i stayed to watch , I watched and spoke to Carl on his 1100R , unfortunatly he got some very bad weather.
    steve
    steve

SteveB

cadwell on the dry day, Carl chose the wet day ![IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10410463_10204419406226845_8532622027343191431_n.jpg?oh=93ed46cec2e3fd9ba4a7cd82da8381a6&oe=543D2F8E&__gda__=1412842481_1b83d70632e857a6de9f547c6cb8e74d[/IMG]

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.