What did you do on your "R" today

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum What did you do on your "R" today

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    Glenn Kirkham
    Keymaster

Brilliant Steve – looks like you had a really great time then.. :)

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Steve! It would be great to see you and Carl on the circuit together.

SteveB

running out of ground clearance here !

SteveB

I have been to Olivers mount this weekend on the RD, the bike drew a great deal of attention.
    1 of the marshals told me only 1 racer had ever been killed racing at Carnaby and that was on A BRAND NEW cb1100rb.
    Another marshal had a CB1100RB and also was a mechanic at a Honda dealer at the same time, he has got a genuine RSC/HRC CB1100R racing parts manual !

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Steve. It would be great if you could get a copy of that RSC/HRC parts manual.

SteveB

@TrevH 2929 wrote:

Steve. It would be great if you could get a copy of that RSC/HRC parts manual.

I know, I have asked him already. He has got some other parts for me, i am meeting him at cadwell park next month to collect them. Hopefully the manual too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1402&stc=1[/IMG]

World Champion supersport 2014 Michael van der Mark is going to the World Superbike,s next year, on a fireblade.
    Here he is on my cb1100RB for a dry test.

Regards,

Wout.

SteveB

I have collected my free parts from the scrutineer at cadwell park this weekend,
    the wheels are CB900F I dont mind as i only want them to put race tyres on for trackdays, the tatty exhausts are 900 also ,but i only want the 2 hangar brackets.
    the fairing is actually better than the one i already have,but it needs a patern screen, is the 900f2b the same ?. the seat is very tatty.
    Can anybody tell me if these wheels will fit straight on my RB ? the discs look the same. Before I spend all day messing about swapping them.
    Oh by the way I have collected my suzuki too.
    steve b[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1409&stc=1[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1410&stc=1[/IMG]

AndyL

Lovely throw away line at the end there Boz… oh, by the way I collected my Suzuki too!

Very nice bit of kit. Perfect for nipping down the chippy on.

SteveB

@AndyL 2963 wrote:

Lovely throw away line at the end there Boz… oh, by the way I collected my Suzuki too!
    Very nice bit of kit. Perfect for nipping down the chippy on.

not very economical for chippy run ,the ” experts ” tell me it will cost £200 every time I start it up and ride it ,in wear and tear costs !
    I am only planning to ride it 3 times next year,
    Olivers mount Scarborough parade. – 20/21 JUNE 2015 ( YOU CAN ALL RIDE YOUR 1100,S ON THE PARADE LAPS )
    Mallory festival 1000 bikes – 10th/11th/112th JULY 2015 ( CLUB STAND ? )
    Maybe Spa Langforthingy or Manx TT parade lap again. (SPA 3,4,5 July 2015 ) ( Manx

29th August – 4th September )

all TBC.
    Steveb

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Suzuki looks sweet Mr Bozzy, but you need to put your name on the fairing screen or we won’t know who’s riding it.

The RB and F2B screens are the same size so a pattern one should fit.

900 wheels will fit the RB but the RB wheels are wider which does allow for wider tyres.

I’m not sure if the 900 discs fit, the front disc has a sequence of slots around the center where the RB has a solid black line, so they are different. However I am aware of an RB owner who had 900 front discs fitted, I’m not sure it he had 900 calipers and maybe even 900 forks as well.

The seat looks tatty but if the base is good and you don’t want it I’d make you an offer.

SteveB

[QUOTE=TrevH
    The seat looks tatty but if the base is good and you don’t want it I’d make you an offer.

Trev,
    thanks for info , I will take a picture from underneath and you can make your own mind up.
    steveb

SteveB

Trev,
    the base is very good, but I think I would rather swap it for other 1100 parts I might need or keep it ,rather than sell it .
    Only because I just looked at the price of them on CMS !
    steve
    ps the Germans are not coming this week because they are busy, I am begining to think they are messers.

Steve Doyle
    Keymaster

Steve,

I have a spare CB900 F2 fairing screen.

I would be interested in borrowing the B fairing frame to check against mine – suspect it is bent. Need to straighten it, but need a template as a gauge.

Steve

SteveB

@SteveD 2968 wrote:

Steve,
    I have a spare CB900 F2 fairing screen.
    I would be interested in borrowing the B fairing frame to check against mine – suspect it is bent. Need to straighten it, but need a template as a gauge.
    Steve

no problem come and get it, is your screen a pattern one ? I want to save my genuine one and use a cheap one on trackdays. steveb

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.