What did you do on your "R" today

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum What did you do on your "R" today

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@SteveB 2967 wrote:

Trev,
    the base is very good, but I think I would rather swap it for other 1100 parts I might need or keep it ,rather than sell it .
    Only because I just looked at the price of them on CMS !
    steve

No problem Steve, my RD seat is damaged but easily repairable when I get round to it.

Shame about the guys not coming to see the bike but hopefully you’ll find someone in this country. It would save issues with registration.

PaulA

Finally took off the bubble wrap the powder coaters put on the RC frame years ago,to it to work,retapped and cleaned all the threads,all systems go for bolting bits back on now

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

If the final bike is as good as your RB it will be worth the wait.

PaulA

Thanks Trev,hoping to do a lot more myself and learn from previous mistakes this time

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello R-owners and friends.

This winter i,m rebuilding 2 magni honda,s.
    Magni is a Italian engineer and frame builder who worked as a chief engineer for Mv Agusta in his glory years.
    Only 264 frames are build for the honda cb bol d’or.
    I,m working on 2 magni bikes at this moment.
    The first one will have a normal cb900F engine and the other one is a special with a RB engine.
    This is how i found the bike.

.[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1420&stc=1[/IMG]

Anonymous
    Inactive

And this is the second magni.
    Its a bit yellow!

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1421&stc=1[/IMG]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@WoutV 3041 wrote:

And this is the second magni.
    Its a bit yellow!

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1421&stc=1[/IMG]

Wout, I’d not heard of Magni before you mentioned them. I’m sure you will put them back to their former glory.

JohnS

Very nice! Combining Magni with an RB engine makes it an incredibly rare bike. Magni also later worked with Moto guzzi. Can I ask what is the front end from?

JohnS

Anonymous
    Inactive

The front end and wheels come from a Suzuki gsxr750.
    They will not come back on the magni.
    The special magni will have a Nico Bakker special aluminium swing arm and a RC front suspension.
    can post a sneak preview how the engine looks at this moment:p

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1422&stc=1[/IMG]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@WoutV 3049 wrote:

The front end and wheels come from a Suzuki gsxr750.
    They will not come back on the magni.
    The special magni will have a Nico Bakker special aluminium swing arm and a RC front suspension.
    can post a sneak preview how the engine looks at this moment:p

[IMG]http://www.cb1100r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1422&stc=1[/IMG]

hi Wout, So that’s an RB engine with RD clutch cover and CR carbs. What advantage does the RD clutch cover offer?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have seen the bike`s at Wout`s place and the combination of enginecolor and silvercoated valvecover and alternatorcover is stunning.
    Wim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wout… nice work there, will look stunning when finished, which black paint have you used, looks good

Trev, I have found on my 1100f’s which use the RD type Clutch covers the clutch only needs adjustment on the cable, unlike the RB and CB900F which needs careful adjustment of the screw in the cover to get a nice clutch operation

The 1100f/RD also uses a heaver duty clutch center/springs as well

Gives a far nicer clutch operation imho

Keith

JohnS

Its easy to forget just how old we and the bikes we treasure, are becoming

Had a bit of a chuckle today. Was in Brisbane City and decided to drop into the a Honda Dealership and pick up some oil and an oil filter for the 1100R. Had never been into this particular dealership and enjoyed looking around.
    However when I got to spare parts and explained to the young guy that I wanted an oil filter for a 1983 CB1100R, His reply was “water cooled or air cooled”. To say the least I was stunned. He quickly realised his mistake, but in fairness, our bikes were built before he was born.
    Sometimes we do forget just how old we and and the bikes we treasure are becoming. 😎

JohnS

JohnS

While on holidays last week, I was given the opportunity to drop in and meet fellow member GregM and see his personal Honda collection of an 1100RC and RC-30. Both of these wonderful machines are kept immaculate and are in very good hands. Thanks GregM for the opportunity and your hospitality.

JohnS

BrianC
    Participant

Sorry chaps, this is a brag. Pure and simple.
    Last weekend we had our annual All Japanese Bike Show here in Perth. Been to it in previous years with my CBX and the trusty 750 F2, never any accolades. None expected truth be known.
    This year I took my RD, (finished a few weeks after last years show) and took home Best Stock 1980 -1999.
    Happy with that. Although the missus had to come and take the trophy home, it wouldn’t fit in my backpack.
    My life is complete now.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.