What did you do on your "R" today

Home Forums CB1100R Owners Club Forum What did you do on your "R" today

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    Nat_P

Hi Steve,

That’s a new one on me , the cracks in the overflow tubes. However if that is the case a smear of chemical metal should do the trick if that’s what it is………………..
    or found this on the web………………

http://www.repairproducts.co.uk/page41.htm

I feel your pain, its so frustrating especially when you know its clearly bowl/needle/float issue and despite looking at it 100 times you still cant see the issue.

Good luck,

Regards,

Nat.

SteveB

EURIKA,
    I think its solved now, and it seems it was my own doing ! My bike was fitted with 900 carbs when i bought it, 900 carbs have 1 petrol intake pipe.
    I have recently fitted the proper 1100 carbs with 2 petrol intake pipes.
    Because i now have 2 intake pipes i needed a T piece. this is were i went wrong, I simply connected the pipes to the T piece wrong.
    My fuel pipe from the petrol tap went straight down from the top of the t and out of the bottom into carb 1 & 2. it then fed out sideways to 3&4. I put the t piece the right way round and problem is almost solved. ( only a really small drip from carb 2 with engine off ) tap off solves it.
    only time will tell if this was really the problem.
    steve

BrianC
    Participant

What did I do today? Put the head on, again. It went on a few weeks back for the first time. I had checked the seal on all the valves with a small vacuum pump and gauge. All good. Put the head on and all the other fruit, checked the clearances. needed a pile of shims, no problem. And some more. grrr. Engine felt ok as I rotated it, one very very small tight spot, once, then fine. mmm. Carry on. A final vacuum test found no seal on no.3 intake, but clearance is good. wtf? Shoot, I must have not had enough clearance originally and bent the valves. GRRRRRR. Pulled it off, pulled out no 3 valves. One tiny bit of crap on one seat. cleaned it off, blued ok, reassemble and now a good seal. No bent valves, happy man. So now the head is back on, back where I was two weeks ago. Carry on.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Today I’ve given the RB an oil change and quick service. I’ve also fitted the Euro number-plate and Krauser panniers ready for the trip to SPA on Friday. I never like the look of the bike with these fitted but they will keep my clothes dry on the way to SPA and my camping gear on the trip to Mallory the following week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1101[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Trevor don,t forget your sunglasses:)

@TrevH 2253 wrote:

Today I’ve given the RB an oil change and quick service. I’ve also fitted the Euro number-plate and Krauser panniers ready for the trip to SPA on Friday. I never like the look of the bike with these fitted but they will keep my clothes dry on the way to SPA and my camping gear on the trip to Mallory the following week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1101[/ATTACH]

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

Sunglasses:cool:, Toothbrush:D and my PJ’s, with panniers this big I might even have space for the family.
    Looking forward to a great weekend.

@WoutV 2255 wrote:

Hey Trevor don,t forget your sunglasses:)

SteveB

today i have been fitting my new O&S [ATTACH=CONFIG]1102[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1103[/ATTACH] ilencers that i got from Glenn. But i now need the brackets that hold the silencers to the footrest hangers, they are held on for pic with a homemade temp bracket.The old brackets were welded on the 1100f silencers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gentleman “start your engines”
    See you at the race track in Spa-Franchorchamps guys i,m ready for the start.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1106[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

@WoutV 2269 wrote:

Gentleman “start your engines”
    See you at the race track in Spa-Franchorchamps guys i,m ready for the start.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1106[/ATTACH]

Okay Wout you have your famous wooden shoes,so all take my extinguisher with me :<)

BrianC
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1123[/ATTACH]

Weekends work, engine in, (with my special puter inner jig I’ll post photos later) exhausts on, wired up. Now to sort the carbs and bodywork. I can hear it running, in my mind, sounds good too. The exhaust rebuild is from Chris Lineham in Melbourne. Top job here, I have difficulty seeing where he has put the new bits in. I had 1100f mufflers on the original downpipes and he made up the tooling to create the end cones. Worth the freight between Perth and Melbourne.

TerryC

SteveB
    I bought mine from ebay from a CB900F and they fitted straight on
    regards
    Terry

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

@BrianC 2297 wrote:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1123[/ATTACH]

Weekends work, engine in, (with my special puter inner jig I’ll post photos later) exhausts on, wired up. Now to sort the carbs and bodywork. I can hear it running, in my mind, sounds good too. The exhaust rebuild is from Chris Lineham in Melbourne. Top job here, I have difficulty seeing where he has put the new bits in. I had 1100f mufflers on the original downpipes and he made up the tooling to create the end cones. Worth the freight between Perth and Melbourne.

Looking very good my friend.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

After 2 brilliant weekends first at SPA followed by Mallory I’ve just found the time to remove the Pannier Racks. The bike looks so much better without them but they work well when you need to carry stuff.

Trevor Hughes
    Keymaster

This year Mallory was very hot and dusty. I removed the panniers last week and today I’ve found he time to give it wash and remove that red sticker. I don’t know what they make those sticker with but they certainly don’t want them to come off.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have bought a new chain DID 530ZVM-X ZJ it`s the one with gold colored links.Will put it on the RB, more to be sure that there is a 100% chain there. Think they should put a date of fabrication on the chain nowing that it doesn`t say it all but you have the date of fabrication.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.